20180404

Jon Cone


FINGERNAIL MOON
OF JOHNSON COUNTY


You were going fast.
It was beautiful,
how fast you were going.
You were beautiful
like a perfect incision.

The rain came to an end
and there was that terrible fingernail moon
on the river.

It’s crazy.
No one knows anything
but the fish go in the river anyway.



TWO POEMS
after 尾崎 放哉 and 種田 山頭火


1

Snow fell last night

I wear three coats walking

2

The moon in the clear sky

I can see my shoe



IT HAS COME TO THIS, THESE

This shall be the one I use.
This no other.

Then this shall be the one I refuse.
This no other, I shall refuse.

And this and this and this, these
in the cumulation of small tolerations shall be set down
and their futures determined,

in waves consonant with
the turning nature of
the world. That is,

the seas above below within.



14 WORDS

O such
a suet
day it was!

Such a
one as
this one was.




Jon Cone is working on a study of Louis Zukofsky, Lorine Niedecker, and Larry Eigner. Born in Charfield, England, he is a Canadian currently living in the American Mid-West.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home