20160722

J. D. Nelson



bull is out there in aspirin pants

hello today
is my birthday

the sun’s fingers
the night
               in the morning

lake water all
over the ants

earth has weird birds




Talonmilk

Is the machine making it worse?

               Give me lion yellow, please.

               Is that the same as safari yellow?

               Yes, I think so.




voice over internerf poem

               I am the frog in the sink
               in the grink

               I am the eye of the tree
               I can see

but I can’t swim in space —
learn how & win medals




break-in / nature poem

forget what the machine makes me say

               lamb
               lamp

even rock and roll people like cake




J. D. Nelson (b. 1971) experiments with words and sound in his subterranean laboratory. More than 1,000 of his poems have appeared in many small press and underground publications. He is the author of several collections of poetry, including Cinderella City (The Red Ceilings Press, 2012). Visit http://www.MadVerse.com for more information and links to his published work. Nelson lives in Colorado, USA.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael Morris of The Magic Mountain said...

That ISSN # is the reverse of my first cellphone number. Rock it, sir! Do it proud! Will also become a regular reader of this blog.

7:36 PM  
Blogger darkfabric said...

Way to make "weird" earn its place!

12:27 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

These poems are evocative and well crafted. So many impressions with so few words. Say it!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmmm...

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home