20170601

Lana Bella



YOU ARE SALT AND I AM SEA

Tiers of noonday sun break
through the glass, much like
an omen cinches to lips on
the smattering of familiarity.
Sheath dress blooms the pink
of scaled peeled, you preen
in puddles of coelacanths and
neck-slick ectoplasms, as if
to shape against dark where
I could rush serene along
the shoreline rubble. Long-leg
girls claim the tides by sum
and cacophony, bloating atop
the mica glints of my tows,
just before you flick like a tall
ache into which their knots
and eyes could rupture whole,
nestling the starts of my spine.



A three-time Pushcart Prize & Bettering American Poetry nominee, Lana Bella is the author of three chapbooks, Under My Dark (Crisis Chronicles Press, 2016), Adagio (Finishing Line Press, 2016), and Dear Suki: Letters (Platypus 2412 Mini Chapbook Series, 2016). She resides in the US and the coastal town of Nha Trang, Vietnam.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home