20160630

Jeff Harrison


Poison to Actaeon
These herbs, grasses, blooms, shoots, meet for a hart, may be poison to Actaeon — oh, what is not poison to Actaeon! The fount such a poison, I was felled before my lips touched its waters. And my hounds, that did caper about me, will they prove poison to Actaeon, or will they caper about me still?


Good hounds
I'll be Actaeon again in good time, good hounds. Away, good hounds; in good time I'm Actaeon again; you didn't attend my transformation; are you to attend my restoration?


Parthenius
Actaeon, could the hart speak; Parthenius, could the fount. The hounds, they know their names, and cannot give them. And what name would the bather give? The bather... Parthenius, I believe.




Jeff Harrison has poems in all the issues of Otoliths except the second issue. He has publications from Writers Forum, MAG Press, Persistencia Press, White Sky Books, and Furniture Press. He has e-books from BlazeVOX, xPress(ed), Argotist Ebooks, and Chalk Editions. His poetry has appeared in An Introduction to the Prose Poem (Firewheel Editions), The Hay(na)ku Anthology Vol. II (Meritage Press), The Chained Hay(na)ku Project (Meritage Press), Sentence: a Journal of Prose Poetics, Xerography, Moria, Calibanonline, Coconut, unarmed, Eccolinguistics, Sugar Mule, Word For Word, and elsewhere. He has an interview blog with Allen Bramhall called Antic View.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home