20150414

Yuxing Xia



Normal

I am me.
I am not you.

But you think I am you.
Because I am normal.

I am normal like you.
I am pretending to be normal.



Happiness

Happiness is
short
Or else I suspect
A lie.



Height

Disjointed,
               Hushed,
Chided,
                Chiseled:

Let change the usurp
period for us, less high

Haze the quashed unwieldy



Lining Them Up
There is a moment of self-reform as the last one came out of the line. I wasn’t going to follow it to destruction and beyond, not that this was the only option at the time. I could always let someone else cut in front of me and let the poor fool take my place. Retirement can’t be that painful.



Yuxing Xia is a scientist by day, poet by daydream. His senseless scribbles can or will be found at Strong Verse, Society of Classical Poets, Boston Literary Magazine, Star*line, Eunoia Review and elsewhere (see yuxingxia.wordpress.com). He will also be the first author at Otoliths with last name that starts with "X."
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home