20130708

Susan Kachor Conlon




Merrion Square

I met with Oscar Wilde today in the park.
I smiled at him and he smirked back.
What a flirt!
Surprisingly, he dressed for the occasion.
A red and green coat with frog buttons!
La-Di-Da!
We sat on a rock
And talked
about blue china.
I offered to share my orange with him,
But as expected, he graciously declined.
I earnestly confided in Oscar
I had read De Profundis in its entirety.
It sang to my heart, then sank to the depths.
He remained stoically silent
as I held his hand.
Perched upon that rock
In Merrion Square.



My Cubist Life

I am fractured
fragmented
a mere series of
simultaneous multiple perspectives
not just broken down
but pushed together
collaged bits and torn edges
glued
a synthesis of
found objects
faux bois
sheet music
I am overlapping
altered
no maquette for
my cubist life
“la bataille s’est engage”



Susan Kachor Conlon is currently completing her HBFA and resides in the northern Great Lakes region.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home