20130617

Jude Conlee



Underwhelming


is this the quiet
                                              nowhere
you
                were telling me
                                                             about


is this the someplace you kept
mentioning


                is this the thing you
promised me
                with continual
                                             assurances that
                we were inherently
                               always
                                                                            “together”



because I don’t see it.



stolen stage


oh I was a LIAR to think
that breaking advice could help
                [any-thing]
                of (that) consequence

as though I couldn’t give up now?
as though I’d come so far to just
                EXIT
and give up                               the pursuit

but

and

evenespecially when quite a few people
                quite      a             few
said

                “No, don’t. You’ll just
                break the person you were
                chasing after, and the fact
                of the pursuit won’t even
                satisfy you.”

                (EVERYONE SAID THAT)

                               and this made me “no one”

especially in the end when
                as it turned [ out ]
that I did break / [what I was after]

Me: (EXIT)



Jude Conlee is from the West Coast of the U.S. and writes poems, fiction, and other things. Jude has an interest in abnormal things, mainly human minds and the universe, which results in the writing. Other than these, Jude plays piano, drinks an awful lot of tea, and likes to make other people’s days a bit more surreal.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home